Yesterday we took a family walk- common practice lately. Walks are the best. Zach is entertained but I don't have to do anything (except sometimes sing his all-time favorite song, popcorn popping, for the last few blocks) plus it is refreshing to get out and moving. Kimberly and I have been walking, but her husband only has a week left in Pleasanton so I don't plan on hearing from her till next week :)
We stopped at the park where they have a BIG slide. It is very wide (could fit 4 kids easily at the same time) and slick. There are always big pieces of cardboard at the bottom for everyone to use and leave- they make you go REALLY fast! Zach absolutely loves it.
I tried for a video, but the best part is seeing his face lit up with his hair blowing back so hard and you couldn't see that in the video.
There were two boys also going down the slide, I'm guessing about 6 years old. They of course wanted to help John out by telling him how to work the cardboard, and to be careful with the little guy cause it makes you go SO FAST. John took Zach down the slide a few times, so I heard the boys talking to each other.
One was white, the other was Indian and they kept saying 'Come on brother! Let's go down again!' 'This is my brother. Come on best brother!' It was cute. They were giggling and sliding over and over and one even said "This is the GREATEST day of my life!" The other one quickly agreed.
How cute? The best day of his life.
Good weather, friendly neighborhood, walking off dinner in the sun with my family. It doesn't get too much better than that, does it?
1 comment:
Cute family!!
Hey, totally random. Matt & I are either moving to Pleasanton or Arizona for the summer to mooch off our parents and earn some money. It just depends on where we can get the best job. I would much prefer to go to Pleasanton since there's not much to do in his hometown. Do you guys know of any jobs that might be available from like the end of April to mid-August?
Btw, this is Tammy (Larsen) Herring. =)
Post a Comment