Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life After the Bar

Welcome to real life! John started work yesterday after taking the bar all last week. I am SO glad that it is over! My Dad took us to Outback to celebrate on Thursday night right after John finished. It was so fun to see him, and espeically for Zach to hang out with his Grand Dude for a while. He recognized him right away and was SO excited to see him! He was immediately attached and wanted to show him how good he is at making a basket with his hoop.
The only bad part is we liked having John around all the time and now he has to be a grown- up and go to work all day! Luckily, his office is in Pleasanton, so yesterday he came home for lunch which we loved. We are going to have to stay close so that John can come home easily!
Zach and I have been busy occupying ourselves with naps and watching out the window for squirrels. Also singing songs
Funny church story:
Zach likes to lead the music. One of the young women in our ward in Utah taught him, and he waves his right arm back and forth and goes 'nuh-nuh-nuh' to sing while he does it. So on Sunday the chorister used BOTH arms to lead, so he did too. Plus we were near the front, so he was especially excited. Also, there is a deaf couple in our ward here and some of the young women have learned sign language (I think they offer it at high school now) and translate the meeting for them- just trading off between a couple of them. So, towards the end of Testimony Meeting Zach noticed that just a few rows up one of the girls was facing him and signing (Bro. G was two rows in front of us) so he went CRAZY! He started moving his hands around super fast like them and giggling like crazy. Lauren saw him and tried to concentrate on translating the testimony while also trying not to giggle. He was SO excited! He didn't do any of his actual signs (please, more, thank you, all done, milk, juice) just moving around fast like them. Too funny.

Zach and I will be coming out to Utah in a few weeks! It will be fun to see my family and friends :)
P.S. Bachelor? Wow. Wow. I love Melissa even more- I thought her limo ride was like the best speech of anyone who has been dumped. But I still vote Jillian for next Bachelorette, she is the best

2 comments:

Josh & Stefanie said...

Isn;t it hard to be a grown up? Josh just started a real job where he is gone all day too (he was working from home before). Also congrats on being preggo again! That is so exciting, you seem like such a great mom. I don't think I will be able to handle another one any time soon, but I guess your little boy is alot older than Chloe.

Katie said...

Real life sounds crazy. We've loved having Matt home... it's going to be hard to see him go! Okay, and the Bachelor? I thought it was so low class to break up with her on national television. I think Molly needs to watch out for his commitment issues!