Meanwhile, we had so much fun in southern California! Friday was the graduation and Saturday was golfing, swimming and an amazing dinner! I didn't get any pictures from the swimming...cause I was swimming too! John, Josh, Emily, Zach and I went, and Zach kept trying to imitate Emily's swimming. He would dunk his entire face in the water and do big arms! It was funny and we will have to get it on video sometime :) Zach pretty much followed Emily around all weekend and LOVED her. He got TONS of attention from everyone since he is the only little one, and loved having cousins and an aunt and uncle to play with whenever he wanted!
These are the only pictures I got all weekend- us at the graduation. It was on the football field and everyone sat in the bleachers. Almost the entire field was covered with graduates! There were a lot, plus it was actually pretty cool outside- overcast and windy most of the time we were there!
Zach and Papa go for a bike ride in the afternoons, and then need a (sugar free!) Popsicle when they get home. I just wanted to show off Zach's amazing skill when it comes to eating a GRAPE popsicle- NO mess! Sure, his lips are purple, but he didn't get anything else on him and he ate the whole thing. What talent! He does NOT like being dirty and is very careful. Plus, when he was done he went and threw his popsicle stick away :) So clean!
He convinced Grandma and Grandpa to 'Sit! Sit!' next to him. He pats the ground and wants everyone to sit with him :)
And here is the next project! I didn't get BEFORE before pictures...the headboard and desk hutch had some loopy designs on them that were girly, so Wayne cut them off and sanded them down just how I wanted them! Roma also took off a whole bunch of stickers that were on the desk, and I didn't get a picture of that either! Or the awesome brass handles :) So, here they are with the flower designs still, and in need of a coat of paint. White still- they just needed to be freshened up and not so flowery for the boy. I got lucky cause Roma is doing all that painting for me right now! Which is a very good thing, cause I am tired and lacking energy right now (maybe it was partying all weekend long?) and am SO glad she is doing it for me! :)
Also- in case you missed it, this is the set we got for free! It was listed on craig's list and I emailed her...it ended up being someone from our old ward and she got it from someone else in the ward! Too funny. So we got this entire bed set for Zach's room for free...well, plus paint and a fair amount for new drawer pulls since it is a non-standard size.
For anyone wondering about this project- we didn't do any sanding, just painted another coat. It was a quart (well, not the entire quart) from Home Depot- the semi gloss. Roma said it is amazing paint and while it is drying you can't even tell it had been painted by a brush! We didn't do anything to the tops, which are a wood-colored formica.
Zach has taken to decorating lately. Apparently he needs to make the family room a little more 'toddler boy' looking than it is. He puts the balls up there...then switches them around...then puts them all on one side...he is very into stacking and making a row of things. He makes a row of all his cars- and they face the same direction of course :)
1 comment:
Thought of you while the Dodgers are playing the A's! Good luck with house hunting!
Post a Comment