Sunday, July 5, 2009

Double Stroller

It's coming time for us to have a double stroller. We went and drove a few around, and I have been looking online at reviews on a bunch of different sites. I like the idea of side by side better than tandem- mostly because the side by side ones fit through most doors, and the tandem one seems like you are far away from your kid. Especially if the baby carseat is in the front...it just blocks the view for Zach and I'm far from the baby.
So, here is what I have found. I have been asking around for what everyone likes/hates about their strollers, so let me know what you think if it applies :)


This is the Baby Jogger City Classic. it's a regular stroller as well as a jogging stroller! It has amazing reviews from everyone- especially for the swivel wheel being awesome. One thing I don't like is it is really expensive, plus you have to buy the infant seat adapter and the cupholder for me and the storage bags for the back.

This one is the Kolcraft Contours stroller. It goes into a bunch of different positions, which I like. Compared to the other tandem strollers I like that with this one you can change position for everybody. Everyone loves the storage underneath (makes sense that it is huge...I think we are going to need to take it everywhere to have everything we need for a toddler and an infant!)






So, there we go. I saw the Chicco side by side and the jeep one, but I didn't think they steered easy enough...plus you add the fact that we were driving around these HUGE strollers and realizing that we will soon have TWO children! Wow.

Hopefully we have an update on the house this week! Everyone keep your fingers crossed!

In cute Zachary news, now when he gets hurt he wants a kiss where he was hurt. And if you only give him one he asks 'more! more!' till you give him a whole bunch of kisses where it hurts. Then the pain is gone, every single time. So sweet :)

6 comments:

Cristina said...

how fun :) the kolcraft contours one sounds awesome with all the different positions!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

these aren't on your list, but I've heard the peg perego aria (I think?) double is good (we like our single pliko), as well as the combi.
the baby jogger city one actually isn't made for jogging, if you can believe it.:) I researched the single when I was on the hunt.
I love the bumbleride double too. but yeah, I think all the ones I suggested are kinda expensive. lol.:) good luck!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

ok, sorry to comment again, but the phil and ted double is supposed to be awesome! also not made for jogging (bummer about those jogging looking strollers, huh?), but I know a few people that have it and love, love, love it. it has the seat underneath and it's one that the "stars" are such a fan of!

brooke said...

Chantalle, fun to find your blog too! I own a babyjogger performance series which is really only good for jogging. If I could go back I would have just broken down and bought the Bob revolution duallie stroller. It is tons of money, but soooo worth it. Everyone who has one says it was worth every penny! You can also buy the attachment for the infant seat to this stroller. Good luck with whatever you choose! PS- We want to have you guys over for dinner soon. :)

Kristin said...

Did I hear that you ended up with one? We looked at that huge red one and now that I've sported a double stroller for a year I can say I'm so glad I didn't get that one. It's WAY TOO BIG and conspicuous. Plus, why would you want your kids to face each other where they can touch (and hit!)? And sorry about the first house. Something will come.

Natalie said...

Thanks so much for following Sensibly Styled! BTW, I have the single BOB revolution stroller and love it! I wouldn't be surprised if the was just as good!