Friday, October 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Calendar

Elizabeth is an AWESOME sleeper. This week she has done 6-8 hours solid every night! It is sooo nice. Last night we went to bed at midnight and got up at 8. Yay! Sometimes it's more like 10 and then get up once at 4 or 5 and then up for the day between 7-8.

During the day I feed her and then keep her up for a while, then let her go to sleep on her own. Sometimes I have to hold her for a while, sometimes I just let her lay there till she sleeps. Then in the evening I feed her about every 2 hours-ish. Then by the time she goes to bed, she knows how to fall asleep on her own and is totally full! We did the same thing with Zach, and are now 2 for 2 on good sleepers :) Love it!!

Last night I got to play :) A few of us decided to make this cute Thanksgiving countdown calendar:


(from Pottery Barn Kids)
We were trying to think of something fun to put inside- one idea was to put something we are thankful for and then do something related to that activity, especially something service-related. Or having topics of discussion at dinner for things we are thankful for in a certain category. Anyway, it is going to be so cute! We worked a little last night (and talked...Elizabeth LOVED it cause she got plenty of attention, just the way she likes it).

I was looking up Christmas advent calendars and found this one on etsy. My mom has one that has little drawers for each day and has candy inside! So I was wanting something like that. Here is what I found:


I think it would be fun to spraypaint the muffin tin red or green or black, but Roma pointed out that it is a non-stick pan. So maybe if I found an aluminum one, that would work. This might have to wait till next year, but I thought it was super cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow way cute decor...