Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Start of Christmas decorations


John got our Christmas tree at Home Depot (artificial of course!) the morning after Thanksgiving, and we put it up a few hours later! I bought a bunch of ornaments and some ribbon throughout that day, and then Mom found a good star for the top. Everything in red and silver!

So the wooden shoes...In Holland they put their shoes out for Christmas Eve and Santa fills them with candy. So my mom brought be back a pair a couple of years ago when she went there, and then we inherited the other three pairs from John's side of the family, from his Grandma Parkinson. We happen to have four pairs, so here is our family! Can't wait for them to be full on Christmas :)




2 comments:

Tara said...

oh my word!!! BEAUTIFUL tree!!!

and i love the shoe idea! so incredibly adorable...im a sucker for tradition!!

Chantalle said...

Thanks!! I love sales :) My mom got both of their ornaments too...it is fun how once there are two, it's the tradition and so cute! Zach turns the lights on all the time and says 'CHRISTMAS!!' (Chripas) I love it!