Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines weekend

Happy Valentine's Day!

Saturday was SUCH a nice day! John pulled weeds and cut the grass (with our weedwhacker...we don't have enough grass to buy a lawn mower) and we took the kids to both parks right down the street from us. Then we watched 101 Dalmations (scary movie, but Zach wasn't scared at all...so far nothing has scared him, he knows it will end well) and ate guacamole and chips for dinner (true story). It felt like spring/summer with all the windows open and Zach playing in the yard all day. Elizabeth gets to go outside too and LOVES it. California kids for sure.

Yesterday was low key...we had church in the morning (we were super early so John can help set up chairs) then had some lunch and John, Zach and Elizabeth took a Sunday nap while I went to a presidency meeting. John got me a subscription to Real Simple magazine! I had it a couple years ago from my mom for Christmas, and I always used to get the old copies from the library. Love that magazine. Thanks babe :)
We had steaks for dinner, which were SOO good! Along with some coconut shrimp....this is a little tradition for us. Not for Valentine's day, but when we were just married we went to WalMart for groceries a lot (if only we had a super walmart here! We need one!) and we saw the package of jumbo coconut shrimp and decided that was our splurge. We got it several times that year, and since then, as our big treat.

The Olympics are kind of addicting! We have stayed up watching them both nights, we love it. Watching the two Americans in the speed skating go right past the Koreans who fell was crazy! I love the Olympics!

This morning I did 1.5 miles! Yay. I am wanting to work up higher, but not too fast so Elizabeth doesn't get too skinny! :) Although then I would get to eat a lot more...hmm...

No comments: