We made it home! I survived the flight with both kids by myself :) They were pretty good, too! It's always a good compliment when the people behind you say what great and quiet kids they are. Elizabeth kept squawking because Zach and I were eating treats and she wanted some too. I think she will be skipping baby food and just eating real food. Seriously, you should see her down a cracker.
Zach was sick most of the week, which was a bummer. He has gotten 'sad' lately and gets this sad face on and doesn't want to do much. That combined with being sick=not very fun. We did get a lot of shopping in and he got some 'new' toys (DI, baby) and had fun. We read lots of books together and bought a lot at DI (seriously, they look like new. So awesome.) So now our library is even bigger. And we are moving on from just cardboard books which is fun. Our favorite is 'The Napping House'. It was a favorite of mine when we were growing up and Zach loves it. Plus he goes to sleep right after I read it. Every time. (Although sometimes we need to read it 2 or 3 times, just because)
Jennifer and Spencer drove out to California Friday and were kind enough to let me fill their trunk with all the stuff I bought. I got Zach a new wardrobe for this year and next. He might need a few more things, but we got jeans, church pants, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts and jackets for 3T and 4T. He is starting to get too tall for his 2T pants, so it either needed to get warmer faster or he needed new pants, so we are good now.
Because Zach was sick, we missed seeing friends and family. We will be back in May for Caitlin's graduation, so see you then! And congrats to Baby Owen Bishop, we got to be there for his blessing and it was very sweet.
John and I laughed this morning at our house. It is a mess. The kitchen has dishes piled all over. Including some adorable ones I found at DI. I put out the new Easter decorations I bought. The family room is covered with new toys. Our room has all of the suitcases full of clothes, plus all of John's camping stuff. He did the Klondike with all the scouts Friday night and got back a few hours after us on Saturday. They had lots of fun and had a cold night!
Pictures of stuff will be coming soon. I got new bedding! That was one of the main purposes, clothes for Zach and new bedding. I just set it up so John hasn't seen it yet, but I really like it.
For now, I need to get Zach ready and head over to John's parents. They are going to play with Zach so I can take Elizabeth for her 6 month doctor's appointment! Pics of her soon too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment