Monday, November 15, 2010

Temple, Allergy, and an Engagement


Last Saturday was our Family Ward Temple Day. I helped put it together so it was nice to see it come together and have such a great turn out! There were lots of babysitters so we ended up leaving both kids and were able to do a session. I love going to the temple, it gives me such a reboot on life. Right when we were done I went to go get the kids (they were in the building next door) and someone told me my son was throwing up. !!!!! So I found him with the primary president, she was cleaning him up. He looked fine (luckily, I was going to feel bad if the whole primary got sick). I asked the leader about it and she figured he had just been overstimulated. She said he had a great time and loved everything. Then she said the last thing they did was go on a little walk and had some M&Ms....M&Ms? I asked if he had any. Yep, he did. Right when she said yes she realized there is milk in M&Ms! We had told several leaders about his milk allergy so they didn't let the string cheese near him but then didn't think about it for the M&Ms. Within minutes of eating them he threw them right up and then felt fine. His face didn't even break out since it has the coating on it and he didn't touch the milk with his hands or face, just straight down his throat. Poor kid. He told me later in the day "Mom, I didn't like those chocolate Skittles."
So when we go on our cruise in a couple of weeks I will for sure have a tag he will be wearing on his shirt everyday that says not to give him or let him touch milk, cheese, chocolate, ice cream, cookies, cake, butter, etc. I'll have to tell them everyday for sure, but he is going to need a physical reminder that is in their face so they remember for everything! I told John at least now the primary is aware of how severe his allergy is. The nursery knows and does a great job, but at the new year he will be going into primary so we will have a new set of leaders to train!

In other news, Saturday is the day my youngest sister, Caitlin, got engaged. I haven't met the guy yet (2 for 2 on sisters who got engaged quickly and I didn't even get to meet him first!) The date is set in April in Utah. He is actually the nephew of my mom's best friend growing up. They met a few weeks ago at BYU-Idaho...in the class that I recommended she take. They plan to transfer to BYU in 2012 once they have more classes done at Idaho and make some money. Congrats to Caitlin and Mike!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Caitlin is engaged? Whoa. She's way too young! I still think of her being about 12 years old!!

Primary in general doesn't give out a lot of snacks anymore (maybe 1-2x/yr) so we won't need a whole lot of training but his teacher (who is not supposed to bring things) will probably need training.