Monday, January 9, 2012

Chopped!


That night we played 'Chopped'. My sister in law did it and posted on her blog and I loved it, and then we did it over Thanksgiving with John's family, so we did it too! Ours was dessert and it was 4 ingredients that my mom picked out and revealed to us right before time started. We had 30 minutes (which we all agreed we could have done it in 25 or even rushed for 20 min). We worked in assigned teams- John/Caitlin, Jennifer/Mike, me/Spencer.
Our assigned ingredients: powdered sugar, cinnamon/chocolate sticks, raspberry filling, and a Heath bar. You can use as much of each ingredient as you want, and you can use anything else that's in the kitchen.



We came up with some yummy stuff! John and Caitlin made a brownie in the microwave with raspberry filling, Jennifer and Mike made some sort of crust and filling, I don't remember everything but it was good. Spencer and I made a raspberry cheesecake with graham cracker/heath bar crust on the bottom. It was really good :) We laughed after since there was cheesecake from Saturday still in the fridge (and no one used it!) but we still made our own. We knew it looked good and had a little extra, so we made small portions for the two of us and put those in the freezer too while we waited for time to expire.



Jennifer specifically picked the #1 plates...to sway the judges!

The criteria for judging is: Taste, Presentation, and Creativity. So each team won each trait- John/Caitlin for creativity, Jennifer/Mike for presentation, and Spencer and I won for taste!
Everyone made pretty great desserts, and they all looked so fancy!




4 comments:

Cristina said...

what a fun idea!! i love it!

alisha said...

You have such fun traditions! So creative Chantalle.

H... said...

YUM! WIsh I had some of those desserts!!

Tara said...

you guys are such a fun family. wish mine was this involved. :(