The kids were good- Jared slept pretty much the whole time and Elizabeth and Zach watched movies.
We spent the weekend hanging out and trying to unpack a few things. Sunday was Elizabeth's birthday and we went to the Owen's to celebrate! (pictures later, they're on my aunt's card)
We got so lucky and my aunt let us in to Disneyland on Zach's birthday a few days later! It was SO fun! We of course had to go to Car's Land first. Zach, Leslie and I did the big Cars ride, then Mom, Elizabeth and Zach did Luigi's tires, then Zach, Elizabeth and I did the tractor ride. The whole land is so cute and really feels like you are walking through Radiator Springs!
At Disneyland (and California Adventure and Disneyworld) there is a pin trading system. This was our first time participating and it was great! First, you have to have pins. You can buy them at the park for $9-14 each, depending on if they are good ones or not (Toy Story characters were $12 each, Minnie Mouse standing next to a big 'M' was $9). Another way to get them is to do what I did- go on eBay and get a random lot of them. I got 25 pins for $13.50 and free shipping. Awesome.
Next while you are at the park, you can approach any Disney cast member and ask to see their pins. They either have them on lanyards or a pouch like a fanny pack. The rule is the employees HAVE to trade with you as long as you give them a pin they don't have. You can trade up to 2 pins per cast member. This is why it doesn't matter that it is a random lot from eBay- you can trade all of them if you want. We kept about 10 and kept them at home, brought the rest for trading.

Zach loved it but never knew which one to pick, Elizabeth wasn't into talking with people. I think in a year or two they will be perfect ages for it. They put their pins on their lanyards once we got home and love to show everyone their favorites. It was a cheap souvenir (for me) and a fun, interactive thing to do at the parks! By the way, I totally SCORED on this pin! I saw someone trade it with a case member, so I ran to that cast member right after and asked her for it :) I was Zach's hero! We hadn't seen any Pixar movie pins that day, but to get that pin?! I won the prize for sure!
Elizabeth was SO tired! She fell asleep soon after this photo. I talked her into sticking with me (and Jared) for the parade. She hadn't ever seen the parade before, and it was definitely the highlight for her this trip! She loves to see the characters but doesn't like to actually meet them, which makes the parade perfect!
She was telling me that Mary Poppins was coming. So exciting!!
This little trooper was great! He even slept alright that night after sleeping all day at the park :) Great first trip to Disneyland!
We had a great day- thank you so much Leslie! What an awesome day. We were there almost 12 hours and had such a great time!























2 comments:
Great pictures! What a fun trip! our boys are jealous that you got to go to Cars Land!
You are brave to take a 2 week old to Disneyland. Glad you had fun. I'm going to have to buy pins on ebay for trading. I've never done it before because they are so expensive.
BTW, all my boys have worn that outfit that Jared's wearing-blue/yellow/duck! Is that yours or did one of my hand me downs make it your way?
Post a Comment