Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jared's Blessing

October 14th was Jared's Blessing day


 It was a great day.  The brethren in the circle were John, my dad, Wayne, Alan Johansen, Dan Hall, Mike Hall, Richard Baeza, Bruce Bird, and Bishop McFadden. 
 This date is Jennifer’s birthday, the date we blessed Zachary, and Jared Johansen’s birthday.  It was a great way to recognize the day, and I’m so glad we were able to celebrate together. 

 John gave a great blessing.  He does a really good job with blessings.  They are always good and he delivers them so well.  We’ve recorded them all so we have them written, which I love.  Zachary’s was pretty simple and talked about him being ‘happy’, Elizabeth’s was long and talked about her relationship with me, Jared’s was in the middle and very sweet. 

 John and I both bore our testimonies since it was also Fast Sunday.  I don’t usually cry at the pulpit, so I’m not very good at talking while crying since I can usually hold it off until later.  Not so that day!  I don’t know that anyone could tell a word of what I said, but I was glad to be able to proclaim my love for the Savior and for my testimony of the Plan of Salvation.


 Jared was quiet for his blessing, and generally sweet all day.  Typical Jared.
After church we met at our house with the Halls, Johansens and Mowers.  And the grandmas and Dude and Jennifer of course!  (Spencer had practice) Roma made 3 pans of enchiladas that were amazing, and we had Christy’s huge salad and lots of great desserts.  It was Jennifer’s birthday and Elaine’s birthday, so we sang to the birthday girls. 
It was a sweet day, and I am so grateful we had friends and family with us.  I love blessing days. 

























This was the only grandchild/great grandchild event that my Grandma was not able to come to (and therefore my Grandpa too)  She was very, very sick by this weekend.  My mom flew in and out of Portland as she was taking care of her the last few weeks.  

No comments: