Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

 Thanksgiving was great.  I love Thanksgiving!  I love that so much family gets together and we have a day of fun and eating and games and puzzles!
In the morning we got food ready for the feast and watched the parade for a second...and then the game of course.  Sons in law have turned us into a game-watching family rather than a parade-watching family!








 The feast!  We had so much great food.  It was so great.


 After eating, we got down to business- puzzles.  Two identical ones to be exact!  One was mostly done, next time we will start from scratch and race in teams.  O the excitement!  I love puzzles :)
 This was actually my plate because John was busy with a screaming Elizabeth, so I moved to his side of the table.  I know, you were thinking it was weird that there were olives there, but don't worry- they were mine!

 Another Thanksgiving traditions- Bingo!
My mom does a Bingo game with everyone, and there are prizes!  Everyone plays, and usually one of the younger ones help mom call out the numbers.  John and I ended up with nail clippers and band-aids...a win-win!



 I didn't get any pictures, but we played a really fun game with everyone after Bingo.  Everyone writes the name of a person- any person, living/dead/famous/not- and then puts the name in a bowl.  One person reads off all of the names twice.  Then one person guesses who one person is.  Then they guess who someone else is.  If you guess correctly, that person is now in your 'family' with the objective being to get everyone playing in your family.  And the names can never be read again after the 2 times at the beginning.  It was great!  Zach even played and totally stumped us! (he picked Maren -my cousin- the first round, and then Wreck it Ralph for the second round, which he hasn't seen).  For the Disney round, someone put 'Matt Owen' (my uncle who works for Disney).  It was John of course.
And then dessert!  Berry cobbler and apple pie being my favorite.  Yum!

No comments: