Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SIX Months!


Zachary is 6 months today! It seems like longer and shorter than that at the same time of course. Here he is after taking off his sock, and then like everything around here- it went straight to his mouth. He went to playgroup this morning and then to the doctor's for his check up. Here are the stats:

Height: 26.25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 13lbs 5.5 oz (3rd percentile)
Head: 25th percentile


SO, as John says- 3rd percentile is not what it means in Law School...it's the bottom of the chart. So he lost a pound from two months ago, and is a little taller. He is so skinny and cute! He looks like a little person instead of a round baby :)

Luckily my sister in law Heather called yesterday to say that this is normal for a Bishop baby! She has 3 boys, the youngest is 3 months older than Zach, and they were all born big, grew a lot, then stopped (and even got smaller like Zach!). He sleeps 9 hours, eats, then sleeps 2 more besides his naps during the day, so we aren't worried. We are looking at the pluses- he can wear his clothes longer, he is light to carry, and he is adorable (chubby babies are cute too, I was a chubby baby!).

Last night John and I went to the Temple and then to a really nice dinner with a gift certificate. It was SO good, I had Mahi Mahi that made me want to be in Hawaii, and John had Prime Rib, his favorite. Thanks to Mom and Caitlin for babysitting! (Side note, Caitlin will be 16 in 12 days, just in case anyone was wondering).

3 comments:

Mike and Laura said...

What would it be like to carry around a skinny baby? I have no clue! Abby is one chunky girl. Maybe she'll like the tall and skinny type. What a cutie Zach is!

james & erin said...

lighter to carry, yes, definitely a plus id say! haha

Courtney Vance said...

Hey lady, I don't know what to tell you. I don't have any kids so I can't give any advice, but I say as long as he's healthy you're a lucky mama cause he's such a cutie. Dan was almost that size when he was born so I really envy you. He was a real fatty, head and all. Needless to say, I'm terrified.