Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a first.

Zachary had a 'first' today. First trip to the emergency room. Let's 'interview' Zach to see how it went.
Mom (me!): How was the emergency room Zach?
Zach: I don't remember.
Mom: This is going to be short. I gave you Lactose-free milk since you are allergic to lactose and you had a severe allergic reaction. Rash and hives all over, hard to breathe, the whole shebang.
Zach: O ya, that was bad. But the worst part was the band they put on my arm with my name on it. I couldn't get it off and kept stratching my eye with it.
Mom: Ya, that was sad, but kinda funny since you kept doing it.
Zach: Thanks. It was a loong wait. And some strange people in there. What happened to that kid's leg?
Mom: No idea, but I hope you don't do that in a few years. You were wiggly for the long wait and I couldn't put you down. What was up with that.
Zach: Short attention spannn--hey is that a day old piece of whole wheat waffle?? Score!

Mom: I see your point. It was nice when Dad got there and then we got to go through the magic doors to the actual ER.

Zach: Ya, those nurses were great. Until they put the toe monitor on again. Good thing I ripped that off.

Mom: Well, I am glad you are fine now, but I hope you aren't allergic to everything forever. Good thing Dad and I eat lots of fresh stuff so you can eat it too.

Zach: Ya. Are we done? Dad is on the ground and I need to tackle him.

Mom: Yup, we're done.
Band with his name on it.
Here he is in the bath before I took him over. It was getting worse and worse. So sad.

7 comments:

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...

Oh he looks so sad!!!

Carrie said...

Poor Little guy! We had two ER trips this year, firsts for both kids. Naomi made it quite deep into her formidable years huh? Almost 4 and first trip! Gwen went when she was less than 3 months old! It is the worst trip ever! I'm surprised with a rash he had to wait at all! Glad he's ok!

Ashley said...

how scary! We're glad everything turned out ok!

Deanna said...

Oh Zach, I feel so sad for you...it looks like you are handling things alright. Maybe give your mom a big hug - you scared her silly!! Amberly & Spencer think you are funny because you are already so good at stressing your parents out - good job! Spencer says that next time you may want to just barf it up if you aren't interested in eating it...that seems to work for him. :o)

Joy Carlton said...

How scary. I am glad to hear that he is doing better.

Bea said...

SOOO sorry Zach! Hope you're better...

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

that's so scary! did it all go away?