So on Friday I went with my sisters in law and niece to see Twilight- and I haven't read the books! I was anxious to see what all the hype was about.
The first 20 or 30 minutes, all the intro stuff, I thought was super lame. The lines were horrible and the acting was awkward when it wasn't supposed to be awkward.
After things got moving, I got caught up in it! This was one of those things where I wanted to fight it, kind of. Especially being an English major and being around people who snub 'common' books like this. There is so much obsession with these books and I wanted to get a taste of it, without getting too involved.
Overall, yes, I liked the movie. I thought it was fun and romantic. I looked at it through my own eyes, not as an example of what teenage girls should do (a big reason some people don't like the books) and thought it was a great story.
So, I decided today, Saturday, that I should read the book. I liked it, but the same thing- the first 100 pages or so were a struggle to get through. Once the story got rolling, it finally flowed! I liked reading the scenes that weren't in the movie, the other ones I went through fast. Now I am anxious to see what happens next (can you guess what I will be doing the next few days??)
I liked Bella in the movie since you couldn't hear all of what she was thinking and she was a more favorable character I thought.
I love going into a new life through books, and I think it was fun to travel into the world of Forks- why not? It's a quick read and a two hour movie, what's not to like? :)
If I am anywhere near any of my sisters in law or friends who want to see the next movie, I think it would be fun to go see the midnight showing! It is kinda fun to get wrapped up in a story.
3 comments:
I didn't think I'd like the books either, but I needed a book to read on the plane...and I really did like them! twilight was my favorite. the others I became less enchanted with...but kind of a magical love story! lance liked the movie too.:)
I loved the movie, mostly because I loved the books. It took me a while to get in to read it, but once I did, I was hooked! Hope you enjoy them!
a few ladies at worked asked me if i wanted to see the movie, but i hadnt read the books. they said that was no excuse and brought the book to me. ive only read the first one, and i really liked it, and liked the movie too. i need to start the second book soon. i too wasnt too excited to read just b/c it was so popular, but im glad i did.
Post a Comment