Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me :)

Happy Birthday to me!
Sunday night we had a birthday dinner with my family, and I got lots of clothes! (they all happened to be ones that I loved and that fit perfectly...amazing how that happens!)
As mentioned in the last post, I saw Twilight and then read the first. Well, Sunday I read the second...Monday the third...and today the last.
In my defense- Saturday I went on a shopping trip with my mom
Sunday I went to church and helped with Christmas decorating at my parents' house
Monday I took Zach to the doctor's and cleaned the entire house and only read while he was sleeping
Today- John took over for me :) He woke up with Zach during the night (usually not an issue, but last night he was up a lot) AND when he came home from class at 11 he played with Zach the rest of the day so I could read :)
I didn't want to go out to dinner, I wanted homemade steak fajitas with some new tortilla dough we found! So yum!
We had some great babysitters- Josh and Sydney- and went to go see Twilight (again??) this time just John and me. We liked it!

So in summary, I like the series...I probably should read it again so that I can remember it a little better...I am a fast reader but I am going through the story like a movie- just going with the characters. The second time aroung I hang on to the words a little more, without it taking up much time since I already know the story.
Now we are listening to the CD my sister in law Julie made up on her own for Twilight. Love it! You know you want it.

I got lots of love and birthday wishes! Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

I'm sorry I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! sounds like a good one! I love steak fajitas...what tortilla dough did you find? we LOVE homemade tortillas!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a ball. Matt came home after talking to John & said that I have to read Twilight because you read them all in 3 days. Haha, it was pretty funny that he wanted me to try it. We still need to get together, how are finals going? I can't believe you're out of here in a few weeks!!!

california smiths said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed the books, Adam hates them since I was the same way of reading one every single day :) NOt sure what is about them!

erin said...

happy late birthday!