Ahh Utah. We now have 19 days until we leave, and we are spending 4 of those days in Idaho.
This made me think about Utah. Winter Utah- not fun. Yesterday it snowed and snowed and snowed...which is kinda fun, but we never play in the snow so it just made driving less fun.
Summer Utah? So fun.
I told John yesterday that I wished it was nice out so we could walk to church. I love walking to church here...it's a little ways through the neighborhood (farther than you'd think, but not far. A half mile). Plus, we usually see some friends walking to church whenever we go, and that's always fun.
Summer means going to the park, walking to all our errands, eating with friends outside, ward members playing out on the grass, getting together with friends outside when our kids have gone to sleep, going to my aunt Kristin's house with her huge backyard with shady trees and picnics, all the cousins playing together, croquet at mom and dad's house...the list goes on and on and on. I have been thinking of this a lot lately, the slow-paced life of Summer Utah. I love it!
John and I were saying some of our favorite things of being here are in the summer and how we will miss them. I don't think that will hit me until summer comes again...right now I just kinda ache when I think about the sun! We are excited to make California our own like we have Utah, and hope we have as much fun there too. I always loved summers in California, so at least I know the weather will make it great! I love how the sun goes down later...right now I feel like 6:00 is 9:00 and just want to hibernate.
We only have one more Sunday left in this ward till we leave...wow! I remember our first few weeks, getting used to everything and me going straight into Young Womens. I'm back with the young women, and it is going to be sad to leave them! Luckily they have Facebook and we text :)
One thing I am very excited for in California is that Zach can go play on the playground! Last time he was at a park he could barely crawl, so it will be fun for him to walk and climb and figure it all out.
For now, I am excited about TV shows, my usual winter medicine. Tonight is The Bachelor (woohoo!) and tomorrow is NCIS and Leverage! (which means I'll have to watch The Mentalist at my parents house). Wednesday is boring and Thursday is soon to be filled with Survivor! Just two and a half weeks.
I just had to bail Zach out of the laundry basket in his room. I was going to take a picture, but he was worried he was going to be stuck for a while so I set him free! He has been funny about playing better on his own lately, but every once in a while I have to find him in his own room. He is getting really good at saying (mostly signing, but he also says DAT! every time) "thank you". It is fun, we had to tell him to say it forever, and now he says it on his own. It is very similar to blowing a kiss...so I guess it is easy for him to pick up since he had that one down.
Zach just brought me his winter hat and I put it on him, and now he is dancing around with it on. Did I mention he doesn't like snow? He does NOT like his hands to get dirty. I think snow or the beach are like his worst nightmare cause he can't get everything off his hands fast enough.
Not to worry, Zach. It is so cold outside and everything is covered in snow...I don't think we will be leaving the house soon!
2 comments:
Utah will miss you guys! Okay, for reals, you guys are coming over dinner one of these days. I'll ask Matt what his schedule is. How is the Bachelor this season? I haven't been involved like I used to be.
All of us in CA will be happy to have you here! Welcome back!!
Post a Comment