Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Today has been great. We had French toast this morning (YUUUM!) even with Strawberry Jam- my favorite. (Mom used to make freezer strawberry jam, so that's why. Thanks mom- can you make some more? Or teach me?) Then we all three (four) had a long nap and went to church. The men (and boys) all sang to the mothers, which is always the highlight of church on Mothers Day around here! Zach had a hard time in nursery, but the men came and took over for third hour- and Grandpa came to play with Zach which saved him. He might not love nursery some weeks, but he is so darn good during Sacrament meeting. We never take him out, and he always folds his arms for the prayers and leads the music for the hymns. It is adorable. It helps to have Grandma and Grandpa there to entertain too :) We came home and had an amazing dinner of steak and lobster! Now we are basking in our full bellies watching Bolt.
It is so fun to be a mom and Zach is SO fun. He is so cute and learning new things all the time. We are working on counting lately- he is REALLY good at saying 'two' if you give him one of something :) I am also feeling our upcoming baby kick all the time, which makes me think of when Zach was that small. With him, it was so amazing to me that this little kicker was going to someday be a baby...with her, it is VERY real that in about 15 weeks there will be a baby here! So feeling her move around all the time reminds me that she is coming VERY soon, and that it is VERY real!
Thanks Mom for everything you have done for me and for everything you put up with. I know there is a lot you have done that I don't know about, and I am starting to see that with Zach. Thanks for all the worrying and time spent that I didn't know about, and for the sacrifices I do know about.
Happy Mothers Day- I hope someone did the dishes for you! (Or you did them for a mother!)

No comments: