Yesterday John got sworn in as a lawyer in California! My mom came out for it, so that was a lot of fun :) It was at the Oakland Colliseum (same room where he took the Bar!) Wayne, Roma, mom, Zach and I all accompanied him and saw him take the oath. Very exciting! Then we had an amazing lunch at China Village, one of our favorite places to eat.
Mom and I drove around looking at the house we want to buy and others while Zach took a nap. Then later that afternoon we all went to Hap's in downtown Pleasanton- a really nice steak house. It was fun to celebrate, plus my Dad joined us! Zach came...we wondered how he would be, but he was quiet the whole time and was very well-behaved. He didn't even have to get out of his highchair- what a good kid! He flirted with the waitress a lot, it was cute. He was glad to have his Utah grandparents around :) (don't like the label Mom? Move back!)
This morning John and I made an offer on a house! Crazy thing- we haven't seen the inside! We have seen lots of older fixer-uppers around here and have decided the only thing about them that can't be changed is location. The location of this one is awesome, so we aren't too worried about what is inside (this is helped by the fact that Wayne is here and can do anything and has a billion tools to do it! Plus my Grandpa can also fix anything, so maybe we can get him to visit!) It is 4 bedrooms, a block from the community pool that I grew up with, and on a court that doesn't have a house on the end- just opens right up to the park. It is such a great spot, plus in the ward we were hoping to be in (4th ward wasn't the top choice...Zach is the only one in nursery!) It would be so fun to be close to the pool...plus Zach would someday go to the elementary school I went to! It is a short sale, and the realtor representing the bank is very hard to get ahold of. If anyone is moving and wants a realtor, get Andy Jackson! He has worked SO hard for us and because of his efforts he was finally able to come in contact with the other realtor. So now we wait and hope we get it!
We were waiting for the bill, so Zach got to sit in a big seat and try a lemon out of Grandma's glass :)
3 comments:
I want to see pictures of your house. I'm so excited for you!
yay cute belly pic!!! im SO jealous you guys are living in pleasanton. If Josh and I could choose anywhere in the world to live, it'd be the east bay area. you lucky duck!
I'm trying to figure out where this house is since it's practically around the corner from us. Hope you get it and can be in our ward again!
Post a Comment