Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Maternity Ward...

Last night we did the hospital tour of the maternity ward (finally!) The smells...the stuff...the rooms...it all came back to us. This is real and will be happening in about a week! Wow! We saw stuff like those straps they wrap around you to get the baby's heartbeat and monitor contractions. O ya...I remember those.

We also saw the little baby cradle they wheel in when your baby wakes up. Aww! I remember them bringing our little Zachary burrito. He slept 7 hours straight his first night. I woke up in the morning and called the nursery to see what they heck was going on with my baby! They said he was still asleep. Nope, that didn't last- I think he was just exhausted from being born. I know the process exhausted me!

I have picked out an outfit for her to wear home (we like to get one that buttons so we don't have to go over her head yet...and we only had one! Makes that choice easy) I have also commissioned Jennie to come brush my hair and make me look a little better for pictures than last time. I came and did that for Veronica and she got some great pictures, so I told Jennie she HAD to come for me!

This time around it will be John and me. My mom comes in next Friday and is staying for a couple of weeks. Wish we had a house of our own to stay in, but probably not going to happen!

Zach knows the baby is going to come 'out' and knows where she will be sleeping, and that she will be in her carseat. I think talking about it all the time will help in him figuring out where she came from...but we will see. He likes to figure stuff out, so I think he will get it.

Well, our tour of seeing monitors at the nurses station, eyeing the uncomfortable looking fold out chair for John (OR we could get one of the three fancy ones with a little nook area with a bed for him! Or we could just have her during the day...wouldn't that be nice??) and remembering pushing the button for the nurse to come, I think we are ready to get back into this. I personally don't like to bring my own stuff- I know lots of people prefer their own robe, clothes, slippers, etc. I just don't want to ruin my stuff- last time I was wanting to take a hospital gown home cause they are so easy to deal with. I'm excited for this to happen...hopefully she makes a record as shortest birth of our kids so far...she doesn't have much competition in Zach, who took 24 hours. I'll keep you posted- but it looks like early next week! Zach's fluid level was VERY low, so they are wanting to induce her close to the due date if she hasn't come yet. We could get an ultrasound to see what she is doing, but we will see.

6 comments:

Brett and Kimberly said...

YAY for BABY BISHOP!! Hurry up and get here :)

erin said...

good luck when she comes! can't wait to see pictures!

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...

You are brave I never let Sadie leave my site after I had her. But then again I had a c-section so I wasn't exhausted from labor. Sadie also slept the whole first night!
Oh the joys of having a baby. It is crazy what we do for them and think nothing of it.
Hope she comes soon and fast for you good luck.

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

This post just makes me miss my NEW newborn. I can't believe how fast they grow into kids. They are only so tiny for so long - and then next thing you know they are big. So sad - but SO fun. I wish upon every women a labor as wonderful and as easy as mine (6 hours of labor - while fully medicated + 3 pushes = beautiful baby - practically no pain at all :)

Jennie said...

Im very excited to come enhance your beauty after the babe comes! Hurry up and have her already!!