What a fun weekend we had! Our nephew (yes, nephew. He is 6 months younger than me! And like two feet taller...) got married! In the San Diego temple on Saturday, yay! We are so excited for them. Wayne and Roma drove down last Wed, and John flew in Thursday night after work. Meaning...Zach and I were going to be alone for the weekend.
Friday afternoon my Dad came over to hang out with us for a couple of hours before leaving on his weekly flight to Utah for the weekend. However, after my mom and sisters left here last week, they drove to Oregon and were driving back with my grandpa on Saturday. So he figured that he might as well stay with us for the weekend and not fly! :) We were very glad to have him here. He bought lots of fruit that we love and took Zach out pretty much all day Saturday! They went on a bike ride to the sport's park and played for a while, then went over to the Saturday morning farmer's market and saw the dogs and kitties the animal shelter brings for people to adopt. They got some blueberries and a bag of kettle corn that I ate most of for the rest of the day. They came home and we took afternoon naps while Dad golfed, and then we all went to another park! Zach had a fun weekend which was nice since I figured we would be totally bored.
John, Wayne and Roma drove home yesterday and made it back right when we were coming home from church. Zach was SO excited they were back! He is so funny, he gets excited about EVERYTHING, but he was definitely really, really excited for them to be home.
He is such a funny boy. Lately he is just thinking up things. He will run upstairs and come back with his toothbrush and toothpaste (brushing his teeth is one of his favorite activities). He gets in routines- in the morning he tells me when it is time for a shower, in the afternoon he asks Papa for either a bike ride or sometimes just skips straight to the popsicles. He lists off his bedtime stuff when he wants to go to sleep- blanket, pacifier, dog, bear (creative names for two of his little stuffed animals). He also likes to state everything around him- colors of everything, counting everything (he does up to fifteen...all the 'teen's have a similar prefix though) and says what everything is and who is around. You can tell when he thinks of someone- he lists everyone associated with them. Like Lisa and Landon go together, Caitlin and Jennifer which usually leads to Grandma and Dude. He makes us laugh a lot, and we are getting excited to have another baby to see how he is with her. I think she will get a lot of love, and maybe a bouncy ball to the head, but I think Zach will be very excited :)
House update: Don't have one really. Hopefully by the end of next week we can start our portion of closing, and the bank will be done. We will see!
Baby update: She's not here yet! I guess anytime though :)
Good news update: We are getting a new health insurance plan in a couple of weeks! Woohoo!
Sorry no pictures...Dad took some videos on his phone at the park, otherwise the weekend passed happily without being documented on film.
1 comment:
hey! it sounds like zach is getting so big and is able to do so much! it's good to know they just keep getting more fun.:)
yup, I made everything! I'm glad you like it! I am so sorry (again) that I mixed up the cards! my half sister had a baby a couple weeks ago. I was putting stuff in envelopes, and must've totally mixed the cards up!
but we are SO excited for your baby girl to come, and love her already!:)
Post a Comment