So now that we have been through two weeks...here are some thoughts.
I have heard the hardest transition with kids is from one to two. I have been thinking, and so far the hardest is having one in the first place!
With Zach I was so preoccupied with how long he ate, how many hours of sleep we both got, getting him on a routine, and keeping up with everything. It was hard to wake up, hard to travel (even though he traveled great) with all his stuff and thinking about when he was going to eat next, if he had enough blankets, etc.
I think a lot of the second time being easier is the fact that we are here with John's parents and have so much help. I'm not worried about when Elizabeth eats- it's whenever she wants, which happens to be exactly 3 hours apart during the day. She is doing at least one 4-hour stint of sleeping at night, sometimes two, which I think is great! I have the DVR and Comcast On Demand, so I really don't mind having time to catch up on shows and having quiet time with just baby and me.
I knew what to expect, so it is easier than I expected since I remember it being hard. Hard to deal with baby weight, hormones, nursing, and baby stuff. Once Zach was about 3 months it was easy and fun, but it was hard before then. So far there isn't much to stress about since Zach is taken care of, and I keep diapers and burp cloths close at all times.
The only way the second one can be easier is by having a first one. It doesn't matter on the babies themselves...just the fact that you have already been through it. Even if the second is different, you have a better idea of what is coming! No matter how many books I read about babies and how to get him to sleep through the night, etc (which worked, by the way) they still can't go that extra step of giving you the experience itself. I felt much more tired last time, but that was probably due to the fact I was getting 12 straight hours of sleep before Zach was born. At this point, I am used to listening for a baby crying and getting less sleep than I want. It's just normal- so why not add another cute baby?
Update on the house:
We sold our condo in Utah in May of this year. We hoped to be in a house here in June. It is now pushing October...and we don't have a house. We have made several offers, and there is one in Dublin Ranch that accepted our offer. Only problem is...that was middle of July. We found out three weeks ago that the bank would be adding another 30 days to the deadline of having our house ready for us to get financing on (it is a short sale, so we have to wait for the bank). This week we found out that no one has been working on our house since the beginning of August. The bank said they would try to finish soon since we waited so long with no action (and didn't know it was just sitting there) but we will see. By this point it is hard to believe we will ever have a house! Although we are hosting Thanksgiving AND Christmas this year, so my hope has been that we have it by Halloween. We went and saw the house again a couple of weeks ago when my family was here...and I can't stop thinking about it! Roma and Wayne have worked hard on all the free furniture we got and have made everything look great. They also worked on our dining table from my family and painted it black! It is so pretty :) I am not going to show you pictures yet...cause I want to show you pictures of how great it looks in our house! Now we will wait and see if we can get it in the next few weeks...my creative energy is waiting to let lose on that house. I have planned and measured and drawn out and mapped with graph paper...now I just want to move it all in and have access to our stuff and have a place for everything! Obviously no one figured we would be here this long :) As patient and great as we have all been, it has still been a long time of our stuff all over the place, including taking over the entire garage and back yard!
3 comments:
I totally agree with you. I am actually wanting another baby LOL I know crazy right.Right as Carter started showing his first tooth I said that is it; he is growing up, ya know?Children are such a sweet blessing and its so so awesome to be a mother.Congrats on your baby girl. Keep up the good work. Good luck on the house.
ooh dublin ranch is so nice :) that must be frustrating, but as soon as you move in it'll be so worth it!
I agree with your thoughts. I had the same experience going from one to two kids. It was going from two to three that was rough on me. Elizabeth sounds like an angel.
Good luck with the house. Hopefully you hear good news soon. It is so hard to wait for a house.
Post a Comment