Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday, Sept. 30


Happy 4 weeks Elizabeth!
Last night she slept from 11:30 until 5:08! WOW! I was amazed when I saw what time it was!

PS- it is WAY easier to remember what time you woke up when you have a digital clock. With an analog I was always so tired and then so confused when trying to remember exactly what time it was when I last woke up...was it 2:30 or 3:30? The hand was close to the three I think...or was that last night?

Elizabeth has woken up a little more during the day and likes to look around and tries to hold her head up. She smiles in her sleep and it is ADORABLE, so we are excited for when she will smile for real! She is beautiful.

Zach is cute as always. He is such a talker! And still quite the dancer. He now puts 3 and 4 words together a lot (Papa sit chair) and pretty much narrates everything going on around him. He LOVES doing 'motorboat' with Papa and Grandma...and pretty much anything else that wears them out :) He likes to be involved in whatever anyone is doing that looks interesting- sweeping the floor, loading the pantry, doing pull-ups in the garage, washing cars, whatever. What a helper!

No more word on the house...since our realtor is out of town for the week!

I haven't mentioned the Relief Society Broadcast that happened last Saturday night. Our stake has a service project of putting together hygiene kits for humanitarian aid and then having dinner. Women in the wards are asked to donate money for the kits and then come assemble them that night. Roma is the stake relief society president, and wondered earlier this year if they should have this activity since money is harder to come by this year than others. Turns out- they collected more money than ever! How great is that that everyone stepped up to help others even in this economy.
Wayne built Roma a cupcake stand- and wow! It looks so good! And the cupcakes were yum! We had "boxed lunch" dinners which were great. Fruit skewer, criossant, chicken salad, broccoli salad, and an almond rocha (besides the cupcake too!). Everything was delish! The broadcast was great. Elizabeth got a little fussy after she ate, so I was out in the hall with her and Wayne had finished cleaning up dinner along with the other brethren, and took her for me so I could go watch. She enjoyed an hour of hanging out with grandpa and staring at lights :) My favorite part was the music, especially when we all sang "How Firm a Foundation". I thought it went along nicely with the talks, who were talking about our foundation of relief society and how it can help us and how we can help relief society. That song just hit me- and everyone else on my row. Taylor's mom asked if anyone had a kleenex. I offered a burp cloth (she refused it!)
Also, the chorister is my mom's neighbor, so it was really fun to see Cathy up there (she looked great! She said they did her hair and make up for her when she got there, plus she got to meet with Julie Beck weeks before at her house!) My mom asked me after if the music was powerful over the broadcast, cause she was there and said it was amazing. I'm sure it wasn't nearly the same as being there in person, but yes the Spirit went through the satellite on that song for sure!

John and Zach stayed home and had a boys night. They had chicken nuggets and watched Toy Story. John said Zach watched the whole thing and was really into it, and then when it was over said 'Again!' (which sounds more like 'gin!') I saw that it is coming to theaters for the next two weeks, and a double feature in 3D no less, so I was thinking we might have to take him. Plus, John needs a break. He is working 6 days a week right now=not fun! After Oct. 15th it should get better. Although Elizabeth is getting her shots on that day so she certainly isn't counting down.

I was talking with my visiting teacher about TV shows today. I realized...we have a lot of shows! Monday- House, Big Bang Theory (though a little risque this last week...), and Castle
Tuesday-NCIS, Biggest Loser, The Good Wife (Just started last week- law show. I liked last week's, but haven't watched last night's yet)
Wednesday-NOTHING! Catch up on other shows
Thursday- Survivor, Bones, Project Runway, The Mentalist
Friday-Numbers, Monk, Psych
Sunday-Amazing Race, In Plain Sight (when it's in season. And I forgot to watch Amazing Race this week...maybe it is on On Demand)
Phew! Needless to say I am very grateful for the DVR that makes watching these whenever I want possible :) I find all the characters in these shows to be very interesting, and I love learning stuff from the shows and figuring out what is going to happen. Especially NCIS. Since I don't have enough hands to have a book around all the time, these are my books. They are pretty long novels- you get to know the characters, they have little situations in every episode and then a long story over the entire season. I like a good movie, especially if it is good enough to have a quality sequel, but I really like that TV shows give you a lot once you meet the characters and figure out the flow of the show. And Survivor is just plain fascinating! But I have watched the majority of it's seasons, so I'm hooked.

I know this first one is blurry, I was trying to show off her eyelashes- they are SO long and pretty!















1 comment:

Cristina said...

she is just so adorable!