Monday, September 28, 2009

Two kids- and house news!


Yesterday during the quietest part of church, I think somebody pinched both of our kids at the same time. Ok, not really. But my in-laws were gone to another ward, and at the same instant, both Zach and Elizabeth started to howl. John and I looked at each other and had to keep from laughing. I grabbed some fruit snacks for Zachary and handed John Elizabeth's bottle which was quickly put in her mouth. And it was quiet again. John's face was almost red from wanting to laugh- how was it that everyone was silent, and then we have TWO children wanting to fill that silence at the same time?

Luckily, keeping the kids quiet at church is probably one of the most stressful things we do around here. When you know your schedule includes feeding the kids, playing with Zach, talking to Elizabeth, and drinking around 2 liters for the day...there isn't much to stress about.

I am looking forward to having our house soon...o ya! We are getting our house soon! We are very hopeful (and for good reasons) that this will be the week the bank is done with their part. We know for sure that they are very close! Then we can start our part of the deal and be done! So hopefully in the next few weeks we will be ready to go! Even that doesn't stress us out...we will be able to paint the whole house before moving, and then once we do we will have about a month till everyone comes for Thanksgiving/Elizabeth's blessing...and we are WAY too excited to unpack everything to have that be an issue. We were talking yesterday that it will be fun to see our stuff...and fun to see all our newly acquired stuff that has been taking up the garage and backyard! We aren't going to be able to stand having boxes and things laying around for a while...I am pretty sure all of our time will be put towards making it ours- and we will love it! It was so fun to do that with our last place...so with a place twice as big and a family twice as big, this will be really great! :)


I am getting excited for the holidays! I am going to make Zach's Halloween costume, and then my family will be here for Thanksgiving and again for Jennifer's wedding (Dec. 19) and some will stay for Christmas. My mom decorates really fun for holidays, especially Christmas, and always makes the house (whether California or Utah) feel cozy and busy for everyone. It will be fun to do this at our house! Well, it will be fun just to have a house :) I already have figured on moving Elizabeth's crib to our closet so that we will have her room and the playroom/guest room for family. PS- I am a list maker and currently have 5 active lists up on my laptop right now that I add to daily when I think of things. This morning I started going through all our toys to start to separate and see what we have up there...but had to stop cause Zach is taking a nap. I am ready to pack it all up!

That said, it really has been great to stay here at John's parent's house. Zach has LOVED it for sure :) This morning he and Wayne went on a bike ride to go see the fire trucks (which were actually gone, so they will have to try again later). Zach gets REALLY excited about just about anything...but WOW does he get excited when he sees Grandma and Papa! We have liked having other adults around and always having something going on, and of course the wonderful cooking!! We have enjoyed our time here, even though it was more than twice as long as we all had planned for! And we are entering the fourth month of taking up the entire garage with our stuff...so we are glad we have a house for us and our stuff :) We promised them there was an end in sight...and now I think we are all actually starting to believe it!

Around the blogs...seems like everyone is pregnant! Gabrielle, Courtney, and Brooke! How exciting! I like when bloggers have something to blog about that I find very interesting :) Especially since they are all such fun writers/designers so it will be fun to see what they have to say. Especially Brooke, since I actually KNOW her :) She let me tag along with her and Shannon to my first church 14+ dance, and I remember it well- what a fun night. Plus lots of rides around town and including me in all kinds of fun stuff.

1 comment:

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

she looks so much like zach to me! she is getting BIG. why do they have to get big so fast?
I'm so glad it's good news on your house! I'm sure you're so relieved!