Continuing things I am thankful for...
I am thankful for Holidays!
Here is Elizabeth in her flower costume she borrowed from Abby. In my house growing up, holidays were big and fun. We did something for every holiday, and went all out at Christmas. Decorating the whole house with the tons of Christmas decorations my mom had collected (some which have been passed on to me last year and will be fun to get out for this year!) including the large collection of the Fontanini nativity set. And I mean large.
Other holidays are always fun too- we wore matching Easter dresses when we were little, we always wear cute (non-matching) sweaters for Thanksgiving, flag cake for 4th of July, and with Caitlin's birthday being on St.Patrick's Day, you know we went all out for that too. Well, minus the green food...we had enough to do with it also being her birthday.
I have a lot of memories associated with holidays. I think it's because it is hard to remember everyday activities, but holidays are easy because they are special. I am really excited we get to have everyone here for Thanksgiving, and then again have everyone back just before Christmas for Jennifer's wedding and some for Christmas!
1 comment:
That costume is totally cute. WOW. cute cute
Post a Comment