Happy New Years!
Last year in summary- John graduated (well, Dec 08), he studied about 8 hours a day for the bar and took care of us while I laid on the couch feeling nauseous, went to California for him to take the bar, back to Utah for graduation and trip up to Idaho, sold our place in May and he found out he passed the bar in May, put our offer in on our house in July, Elizabeth born Sept. 2, move in to our house day before Thanksgiving, have Thanksgiving with the fam, Elizabeth's blessing, Jennifer's wedding, Christmas, and then a few days at home together for New Years.
Phew! A better way to sum up the year for me personally is: Calm. I feel like I wasn't a very stressed out person before this year, but I think this year taught me a lot of patience. Plus now we are done with school and finals and deadlines for our family. Now John gets to go to work and I get to stay here and make it happen!
Resolutions...
One way I have noticed a change is that I am big with numbers and I would have thought a goal of mine would be to do Project 365 (where you must take a picture everyday.) Nope. Instead, my resolution is to:
1. Blog often, take lots of pictures with my awesome new camera
Not every single day necessarily, but just to try and post little things more now that my laptop is accepting my memory card and that I have a cool camera. Maybe it will be everyday, we'll see.
On to the baby weight. This is the most strict one.
2. Up my goal from Zach (to weigh xxx by his first birthday) by dropping a further 10 pounds from last time by her first birthday. This is going to take a lot of work since we are talking about 32 pounds! Last time I did 40 pounds in 7 months, so I know I can do it (and I have 8 months from yesterday). I did a food journal last time, which I might do this time if I need to be more strict. So far not being able to eat chocolate is helping a lot, except that Roma made some amazing cinnamon rolls for dessert tonight...
3. Fill the creative side. I have a bunch of paper (well, scrapbook paper but I don't care much for scrapbooking since I like it online better...it was fun to do back in the day, but I don't want to invest in it) that I can think of projects for, and a bunch of leftover fabric from my mom that would be great for trying out new things with. First, I have to finish cleaning out the entire house. That should be done by week's end. Then I can get a game plan together for all the fun! The main goal being to use what I have and not have to get more. Luckily I have a glue gun, but not any mod podge... So look out for crafty project posts this year!
4. Continue the good. Keep reading sciptures with the family, having FHE, praying together, taking a step back from things, and just loving what we are doing. The high we have from being in our house isn't going to wear off very soon- we are SO grateful and so happy.
5. Chores. Monday-laundry, sweep. Tuesday-Bathrooms. Wednesday- Clean our car and vacuum. Thursday-vacuum, sweep, gather up garbage for Friday. Friday-Clean something out, mop. I like having something to do each day, so then it isn't overwhelming at it's easy to find time to do SOMETHING. Plus, I will be needing time to use the elliptical!
hmm...I'm sure there is more, but I can't think right now. Maybe I will have to read what you put for more ideas. Woohoo for 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment