Monday, January 18, 2010

American Gladiators


John used to tell me he wanted to play American Gladiators sometime. I didn't know what this meant, and also didn't know he was serious. Saturday night, Brian, Erik and John stayed home while the kids went to bed and Veronica and I went and saw Leap Year (cute movie, probably a renter one.) When we got home, wow. I wish I had taken a picture.

They had taken the pictures off the wall, pulled up the blinds so they wouldn't get damaged, and then rearranged all the furniture to create barricades. They had picked out all of the soft infant toys and gathered up all the balls in the house. (well, not regulation-sized ones, softer ones.) They especially used the window in the wall between the kitchen and living room...and decided that MUST be what that area was zoned for...what else??

They had spent a couple of hours playing and had an AWESOME time.

We had a great weekend with friends! Zachary and Mariah took claim of the house during the days...especially the couches...one was even turned into a fort. They got along well and played a LOT!

Brian and John installed our new faucet- thanks Brian! We love it :)

We also had a big dinner with the Gunsons last night, and then had apple crisp dessert and played Apples to Apples. Such a fun game, it had been a while since we played it but it's a good one.







Don't you want to come stay with us? We can make a disaster again :)

No comments: