*I took some super cute pics, but couldn't get them to upload on to the computer, so I have to figure that out. Not this again! Luckily I know it is one card so I can hopefully figure it out and the computer isn't broken.
So...Tuesday night John had a 7:00 game at the stake center to play 4th ward (the ward we were just in). Zach, Elizabeth and I went to cheer him on and WOW did he have a good game! He had 11 3-pointers and was awesome. It was so fun to watch and both kids' eyes were glued to the game...until Zach saw some friends to play with and a path to run (all he wants to do all day is run. Just back and forth or wherever he can.) and until they kept doing the buzzer then Elizabeth would burst out in tears every time. It was a fun game though.
I took the kids home and John had a work meeting right after. I put Zach to bed, but he was hyper from the game. It took another two hours to get him to go to bed. His whole life I have laid him down for a nap or at night and always he goes right to bed. When he was a baby I only put him down when I knew he was sleepy, and if he was upset then he didn't have to sleep until he was tired. He always got tired...so pretty good plan. Especially since he wanted his pacifier, which is only allowed in his bed, so he is often excited to go to bed. Same with Elizabeth, so neither have cried more than about 10 seconds, and that's only when they are so tired to go to bed that they fall asleep before I can walk out of the room. So for him to take that long to go to sleep was foreign to me.
He still goes to bed with a pacifier, which we are always trying to figure out how we can take away. He LOVES a specific blanket, and then has about 4 little stuffed animals he loves and he only needs one of them (it changes every night while one or two he likes the most.) So that night I decided I would take away his pacifier, while we were up. I knew whatever night I chose it would be a long one, but I knew I would be up so why not kill two birds with one stone?
So after warnings, his pacifier had to be thrown away. He was so giddy, he just kept laughing about everything and wouldn't stay in his bed. Finally I got him to stay there until Dad came home so he could say goodnight. John walked in and said goodnight and talked to him for a while, and then he was asleep. Boy did I have a headache after that. Yesterday, he asked where his pacifier was when he saw the baby's pacifier, and I reminded him it had to be thrown away cause he got out of bed.
He hasn't been sleeping very well at night, (wakes up with bad dreams sometimes and going to bed later...still waking up early) so I didn't let him take a nap yesterday. He has had like 3 days in his life when he didn't get ANY nap. He has had a few with really short naps, like when we were out driving around for the day, so I wondered if we would survive. He played and played and played all day. He had so much fun. My dad was over last night, so he played with him for a while and then read him a lot of books and then we put him to bed. He got up once for a diaper change a few minutes after, and then was asleep. He didn't sleep in long (aka 6:45am) but we are getting there. I am excited for daylight savings :) But he knows pacifier is now gone and done with. On to toilet training....
3 comments:
Toilet Training. Ugh! I can't believe I have to do train one more kid! Good luck.
ahh i dread the day when we will ween the paci. i hope things will look up and he will adjust sooner rather than later! <3
that is great! do let us know how potty training goes. I'm already thinking about it...
Post a Comment