
Five years ago, we were married in the Oakland Temple on August 19th. It has been an awesome five years.
We are so happy to have each other and Zachary and Elizabeth.
*
We are also so happy to be done with school! When we got married I had two years of college left and John had one year of his bachelor/masters and three years of law school (which he condensed considerably so it didn't actually take that long.)

We have owned a condo and then a home and rented an apartment (WyView when we were first married before it was single student housing.)
*
Most of our trips have been to visit family, one of those being a cruise with John's family.
We have changed a lot as a couple, but at the same time not a lot. We are still who we were, we just know how to communicate better now than we did back then :)
*
We had Zach soon after our 2nd anniversary...and we don't remember too much what it was like before we had kids. Mostly because we can't imagine what it would be like without them.
*
We have mostly served the youth in our wards. I have been chorister twice, YW Secretary, Laurel advisor and 1st counselor (Mia Maids). Now I'm RS Secretary.
John was called as a Unit Commissioner, then in addition to that he was called to be in the Stake YM Presidency. Now he is the Scout Master.

I've been to girl's camp once, he's been to scout camp once and to a young men's camp. We both went to Philmont training camp three years ago.
*
We like to spend money on DIY projects for the house or trips to see family. Sometimes we dream of things that would be nice to have, then we realize we would rather save for a trip to Europe or another cruise with the family.
*
We will pick spending time together over money any day. Example- John took an internship in Provo for significantly less money one summer instead of the better-paying SLC one because we didn't want him to commute almost 2 hours a day. We didn't spend any money back then anyway.

We have owned a total of 7 couches. All used. Almost everything we have is used, cause that's how we roll. We sold 5 of the couches and overall have made more money than we have spent on furniture.
*
We don't go OUT on a lot of dates, mostly because we consider about every night to be a date. We both put the kids to bed at 8 and then we get to hang out. It is so nice to not have homework. We usually watch our favorite shows together and talk during commercials. And sometimes make milkshakes or ice cream...or at least popcorn.
*
I like to craft and he likes to play basketball...but that's about it for hobbies. Mostly it's just all about playing with the kids and hanging out.

We are kind of home-bodies. It is fun to go do stuff...but for the most part we just want to be home together. I don't think we really realized we were both like this when we got married, so luckily we have grown that way together.
*
Neither of us really does winter sports. We both like wakeboarding but haven't been in a long time.
*
I come up with these crazy project ideas, John doesn't totally get it/thinks it is too much work/money but is very supportive...and then he always ends up loving it and I come in
under budget.

We loved our wedding day. We had one big reception since we are both from Pleasanton. It was overcast in Oakland and sunny but not too hot in Pleasanton that night. Perfect. Probably the only things were that we were late for lunch since we were taking 100s of photos at the temple and everyone else went straight there, and then I didn't love those bows seen in this picture.
I loved everything else- we had a crepe bar where you could pick your toppings, a full dinner buffet, a 5 tier cake and lots of dipped strawberries (I had our nephew go get me some of those during the reception cause I knew they would go fast). Our reception was from 7-9 and the line started at 6:50 and went until 9:20. Constant for that entire time. It was basically a party with the entire stake.

We have been in love with our three homes and thought they were the best home ever.
John had a surgery after we were married- he tore his ACL before we were married and didn't know it until two weeks before. We had to wait until Christmas to have surgery on it. Then the next semester we had a handicap plaque...which was AWESOME.
*
Neither of us shops much (ok, at least not for NEW stuff...) but we both LOVE Black Friday. Last year he got up early right after we moved in and had fun, and every year we end up going to at least 4 stores. I guess it kind of kicks off the Christmas season and for some reason we both are okay with spending money on that day.
*
We say phrases like "Are you kidding me" or "Why are you so sweaty" in a funny voice when one of us is upset so that we get over it faster.
*
I think the first five years have been great. We have grown and have learned a lot. We have had a lot of fun and accomplished so much for five years.
Here's to eternity together.

*
We are also so happy to be done with school! When we got married I had two years of college left and John had one year of his bachelor/masters and three years of law school (which he condensed considerably so it didn't actually take that long.)

We have owned a condo and then a home and rented an apartment (WyView when we were first married before it was single student housing.)
*
Most of our trips have been to visit family, one of those being a cruise with John's family.
We have changed a lot as a couple, but at the same time not a lot. We are still who we were, we just know how to communicate better now than we did back then :)
*
We had Zach soon after our 2nd anniversary...and we don't remember too much what it was like before we had kids. Mostly because we can't imagine what it would be like without them.
*
We have mostly served the youth in our wards. I have been chorister twice, YW Secretary, Laurel advisor and 1st counselor (Mia Maids). Now I'm RS Secretary.
John was called as a Unit Commissioner, then in addition to that he was called to be in the Stake YM Presidency. Now he is the Scout Master.

I've been to girl's camp once, he's been to scout camp once and to a young men's camp. We both went to Philmont training camp three years ago.
*
We like to spend money on DIY projects for the house or trips to see family. Sometimes we dream of things that would be nice to have, then we realize we would rather save for a trip to Europe or another cruise with the family.
*
We will pick spending time together over money any day. Example- John took an internship in Provo for significantly less money one summer instead of the better-paying SLC one because we didn't want him to commute almost 2 hours a day. We didn't spend any money back then anyway.

We have owned a total of 7 couches. All used. Almost everything we have is used, cause that's how we roll. We sold 5 of the couches and overall have made more money than we have spent on furniture.
*
We don't go OUT on a lot of dates, mostly because we consider about every night to be a date. We both put the kids to bed at 8 and then we get to hang out. It is so nice to not have homework. We usually watch our favorite shows together and talk during commercials. And sometimes make milkshakes or ice cream...or at least popcorn.
*
I like to craft and he likes to play basketball...but that's about it for hobbies. Mostly it's just all about playing with the kids and hanging out.

We are kind of home-bodies. It is fun to go do stuff...but for the most part we just want to be home together. I don't think we really realized we were both like this when we got married, so luckily we have grown that way together.
*
Neither of us really does winter sports. We both like wakeboarding but haven't been in a long time.
*
I come up with these crazy project ideas, John doesn't totally get it/thinks it is too much work/money but is very supportive...and then he always ends up loving it and I come in
under budget.

We loved our wedding day. We had one big reception since we are both from Pleasanton. It was overcast in Oakland and sunny but not too hot in Pleasanton that night. Perfect. Probably the only things were that we were late for lunch since we were taking 100s of photos at the temple and everyone else went straight there, and then I didn't love those bows seen in this picture.
I loved everything else- we had a crepe bar where you could pick your toppings, a full dinner buffet, a 5 tier cake and lots of dipped strawberries (I had our nephew go get me some of those during the reception cause I knew they would go fast). Our reception was from 7-9 and the line started at 6:50 and went until 9:20. Constant for that entire time. It was basically a party with the entire stake.
We have been in love with our three homes and thought they were the best home ever.
John had a surgery after we were married- he tore his ACL before we were married and didn't know it until two weeks before. We had to wait until Christmas to have surgery on it. Then the next semester we had a handicap plaque...which was AWESOME.
*
Neither of us shops much (ok, at least not for NEW stuff...) but we both LOVE Black Friday. Last year he got up early right after we moved in and had fun, and every year we end up going to at least 4 stores. I guess it kind of kicks off the Christmas season and for some reason we both are okay with spending money on that day.
*
We say phrases like "Are you kidding me" or "Why are you so sweaty" in a funny voice when one of us is upset so that we get over it faster.
*
I think the first five years have been great. We have grown and have learned a lot. We have had a lot of fun and accomplished so much for five years.
Here's to eternity together.

7 comments:
Awww! Congratulations! I love the way you did this post.
What a beautiful couple! And I really dig the oh so professional crepe bar workers, do you have their card?
I laughed out loud when I read "Why you so sweaty?". I will never forget that fun night!
What if I had made those bows at your wedding? :) Obviously I didnt, but still...haha.
Im so glad I've known most of that stuff about you two. HAPPY 5TH!!
so cute! happy anniversary.
this is the greatest post ever. you guys really are so very blessed. you radiate happiness.
Happy Anniversary you guys!!!!
such a cute post! happy 5 years!!
Post a Comment