We are toilet training right now. Woohoo!
I started in February I think it was. It got him interested but then we got busy. We have been doing it every once in a while but not much since then. We keep having trips so I keep thinking we shouldn't do it until he has a while that we will be home to get the hang of it before traveling. Mostly we just prepped him, saying things like diapers are for Elizabeth and he is a big boy so he can have underwear, etc. We bought some Toy Story, Cars and Thomas underwear so he has fun picking out which ones he wants to wear.
Yesterday morning I had him throw away the last three diapers in the downstairs bin. I do have more but don't plan on using another one again. He did wake up wet this morning, but he was amazing yesterday and has been great today. You know those big 'chuck's pads' from the hospital? I took a whole bunch from my room and put that down for him to sleep on. So I didn't even have to change his sheets. I hope he gets it soon!
That's been the main event around here. We went to the beach on Tuesday with Laura and Abby and had a great time. It is a hot week so I suppose it was a perfect week to stay inside all day and do this! Plus I was hoping to have him done before he turns 3 and it is looking good. The one problem I foresee is that so far he tells me he has to go, runs into the bathroom and goes immediately...I mean, that's what I want him to do, but what happens when we are in public and he realizes he has to go and the nearest bathroom is minutes (at best) away? I think he is going to have to learn how to do that as well after we are done doing this at home.
In other news, I have been selling the car seat covers at a store in Pleasanton and Danville. The ones in Danville are selling quickly! It has been fun to get them all ready and make tags and everything for it all. Plus it is fun to buy fabric and know that I will make that money back!
These kids are so funny and so smart. Elizabeth is great at sign language. She only knows 'More' and 'All done' but she not only signs it but says the words (mo-mo-mo-mo and AhhhhD) It is so fun. I gave them a bath together last night with bubbles and they each had so much fun doing their own thing or playing with each other. I took Elizabeth out first and started to dry her off and she yelled and started to sign 'more' as fast as she could and kept saying MO-MO-MO-MO! Zach has been wanting her to come play with him. When he goes in the playroom he asks if she can come too. He doesn't want her to mess up his stuff, but he likes to show her what he's doing or give her toys to play with next to him.
I'll have to get out the camera to do some pictures from the beach, and I realized I didn't do the Utah ones on here, just Facebook.
2 comments:
I'm still potty training. Gwen was getting it but we've both lost steam for it lately. Maybe with the boys in school we'll find potty training success.
You're smart to have the chucks for his bed. Some kids wet the bed for years because they sleep too deeply to realize they have to go. Just a heads up. I didn't know this until one of my kids had this problem.
are your covers at storks nest? i thought i saw them (if not, something very similar) the other day!! thats so awesome!! so excited for u!! i wish i was crafty!!
Post a Comment