Monday, August 2, 2010

Playroom Re-Do, Step One






This is the week of re-doing the playroom. Last week was Phase One: Sell all furniture. It almost worked...the bookcase in the first pictures was actually moved to Zach's room a long time ago so we still have that and the basketball hoop has been outside...and then the wood cabinet is still there. The closet is a weird situation...it is JUST shorter than 5', and by the way everything is 5'...and it doesn't have a wall from the ceiling down a few feet which a closet usually has...kind of odd. It also has two doors, so I think this room is meant to be an office while technically a bedroom.

Now for Phase 2: Painting! I am going to use the same light blue that we did in the family room/kitchen and in our room.

Next: Paint accessories. I got a really cute chair and table set (wood) on craig's for FREE! I am excited to get some paint and work on those. I have a few other things that could use a more unifying color.

Then: Figure out where it all will go! I have an idea, but not sure what will work for sure. Hardest part of this is that I had to order some furniture and it won't be in until next week. Bummer.

Finish: Complete everything and make it all come together. I think I am going to make some curtains, so we will see what we end up with.

We were given most of the furniture in this room, so it has been fun to figure out what I really want to do with it and then use all the money I made to re-do it all. I have a few things left and a little in the budget...we should come out even!

2 comments:

Tara said...

where did u get the bins/shelf toy organizer thing? i am looking for one of those! and that puzzle piece bookshelf is very cute! where did that come from??

Chantalle said...

I saw them both online at Target...and/or Walmart. I actually found the toy organizer at a garage sale for $10 (I sold it last week to someone for $20 on craig's...I see them on there all the time) and the bookshelf we got for free from someone from church! It is now in Zach's room and so cute. I am about to get the bookshelves in from walmart and the new playroom will be done!!