Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was awesome! We woke up to huge stockings (which we always open first, everything in them is wrapped) and got some awesome stuff. It is SO fun watching the kids open presents! Elizabeth got a little doll stroller and loved it. She puts all her stuff in it and pushes it around :) Zachary got a bunch of great stuff, so far the fav's are Buzz, the Lego set, the fishing set (we play this at least 4 times a day), and the car slide. Once the weather gets nice he can play with his present from Grandma and Grandpa Bishop- a golf club set! It is really cute! Elizabeth and Zach are enjoying her present from them- a small, portable TV. They watched movies on our way home from the beach last week and thought it was great :) Looks like it will be easier to take trips to southern California now!
We spent the night at my family's house and opened presents that morning and then went to John's parents house to spend the rest of the day with them. Including another great dinner! Caitlin and Mike left that morning to go to Idaho and then fly from there to North Carolina. Their total travel time from walking out the door at my parents' house till they walked in at Mike's parents' house was 30 hours.
Highlights of stuff John and I got: for John, a new 3 Wood (golf club for those of you who don't speak golf) and a new printer plus a bunch of other stuff he wanted, I can't remember it all...and I got Photoshop and a Silhouette! I haven't had a chance to start up Photoshop yet, but I have done the Silhouette and it is amazing! I need to get some etching stuff so I can do that, for now I've done paper, cardstock and vinyl. It is really fun :)
We had so much fun with both families! And we are SO glad we didn't have to travel, although we were hardly ever home. At least we didn't have to go on any airplanes or drive all day! We are so grateful for all our fun new stuff and especially grateful we got to spend the holiday with family!















No comments: