Sunday, January 30, 2011

Great Saturday

Saturday was a great day. John played raquetball with some friends then came home and we all went to McDonald's so John and Zach could get their favorites- Sausage McMuffins (no cheese for Zach of course).
Then I got to go a fabric sale. It was in a lady's garage and wow was there a lot! She lives alone and buys tons and tons of fabric straight from the manufacturer! Almost everything was Michael Miller (one of my favs), Frank Henry and Robert Kauffman. It was very high quality stuff! Everything was at least 2 years old from being printed and kept just like at a fabric store. So better quality than Joann's which is really the only fabric store I ever get to around here...and every yard of any type of fabric was $3 a yard! Figuring that that is cheaper than most every kind of fabric and this is much better quality that most fabrics (something my mom is always concerned about) I was so excited. John watched the kids and I went and played! It was awesome.

Upcoming projects: car seat covers to pay for it all, pillowcases, bags, quilts, holiday stuff and lots that I love that I'm not sure what they are for yet. John has seen the stashes of fabric my mom and aunts have, so he understood that I was wanting some great fabric and that I grew up where having stacks and stacks of fabrics (usually organized by one color per bin) is totally the norm. So he knows where I get it from :)

John and Elizabeth took a nap while Zach hung out and I started cutting fabric for car seat covers. After we were all back together we decided to go up the street to a golf course to go on the putting green. Zach got to bring his golf bag and clubs and John and I brought our putters. It was fun! Zach carried his bag and thought it was awesome. He and I were behind John and Elizabeth (cause I was trying to take pics of Zach carrying his stuff) so when we saw them Zach said "O look! There is Dad on the fairway! Now on the green!" I was kinda stunned. How does he know these things?? He and John went once for about 10 minutes a while ago...and he remembered! In other news, he was amazing. He got out his 3 wood and was hitting the ball from one side of the putting green to the other (20-30 feet depending on where he was) and it was straight across every time! Elizabeth wanted to play too of course, so she would pick a club and walk around with a ball and set it down from time to time to hit it with the club a few times, then go get another club and do it again. It was nice to get out and nice to have a fun, free, nearby activity. I have a feeling we will be going there a lot :)

I hosted the RS birthday party dinner for January...and unfortunately my camera wasn't there when everyone else was there, but here are some pictures before the event. Everyone brought food for cheese and chocolate fondue and it was a lot of fun. This 'cake' is all paper that I cut on the silhouette!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Okay...next time you go to an awesome fabric sale like that in someone garage YOU HAVE TO TELL ME ABOUT IT! I'm always looking for good fabric that I keep stashed out of Stephen's view. I always seem to hear about these garage sales after the fact and I'm always sad I missed out.