Friday, March 25, 2011

Lately


During our trip down south, we got to see John's brother Jeff and his family! Emily had piano lessons down the street, so we walked her to and from there. Elizabeth is not a fan of holding hands, but she was so excited to hold Emily's hand! We had a great evening with the kids playing in the backyard and Julie and I got to relax (the weather was PERFECT. Sun on my skin, kids running around...ahh can't wait for summer!) then we went out to eat and Emily and Zach played in the kid zone area for almost an hour. They had a blast and it was so nice for Zach to get to play with his cousin! We had such a great time and love seeing them so much. Luckily John's brother got in from the airport in time for us to see him (though Elizabeth will need to spend more time with him, she still wasn't 100% by the time we left ;)


We have been surviving busy season! The kids haven't noticed too much of a difference which is nice. John gets some good quality time with them every day. They LOVE their dad. They talk about him all the time!

Elizabeth fell asleep in the car but we had to go in to Target! I usually put her on my shoulder if she falls asleep, but I couldn't make it this time. I only do errands once a week so I had to get her out. Lately she has insisted on wearing a hat. And she leaves them on!




Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Okay, we didn't do much for St. Patrick's Day. But we did do green pancakes! Green is Zach's favorite color, so he was excited.

My mom got rid of two big square pillows, so I made new covers for them! I took the zipper off of the covers that used to be on them and just sewed a square basically. They love playing/jumping/laying/stacking/whatever on them.
Yesterday afternoon we went out in the pouring rain to John's parent's house to watch the BYU basketball game. I got them dressed in their new rain clothes from the consignment sale a couple of weeks ago. I love their jackets :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

green pancakes-you're such a cute mom!!!