Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last week we went down to Palm Springs area for Thanksgiving. It was so fun! John even got to come the whole time!
We stayed in a hotel about 20 minutes from John's brother's condo in La Quinta. The weather was great! It was nice to be with family, it had been a while since we had seen everyone. John's sister and her family came out from Idaho in the middle of the week, so the cousins had lots of fun playing together.
Thursday we had Thanksgiving at the PGA West clubhouse, buffet style. They had lots of great food, it was hard to pick! They had a cute kids buffet table as well, and Elizabeth ate 3 bowls of applesauce, followed by a few cookies. I loved the meats (turkey, ham, salmon) and the apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream!
(John's sister and her family and his brother Jeff driving)

All of our dinners were great- Tuesday we went to 'Pasta Tuesday' at the clubhouse, which was SO good. The kids loved it too. Wednesday we went to Rockin' Baja (my second time) and it was great! That is a fun place to go and great seafood.
Thursday night at 10, Lisa and I went to Walmart to get some Black Friday deals. We figured out the trick- you go just before 10, find where your item is, and stand there and wait. We easily could have gotten whatever we wanted that was close to us, and then checking out took about 5 minutes in line. When we left at 10:15 it was SO busy, there weren't any carts left, the lines were longer and no parking spots. Worth going a few minutes early for sure!

Friday morning Jeff, Wayne, Lance and I ran a 5k. It was just short of a 5k technically. I got 30 minutes! I was hoping for 33 minutes, so I was really excited. Good way to start off the day!
We went to a few stores (John actually said the next day that we should have stopped at a few more cause we found some good stuff). We finished lots of our Christmas shopping which is great! I'm hoping I can finish this week and then we can start focusing on the fun of December and doing things together.

Overall, it was a great week to see everyone and a great week for our family to grow closer. We had so much fun together and enjoyed taking a break. The kids (and us) were SO sad when John left for work on Monday!
Thanks to the Bishops for a great week! So fun to get together!Lisa, Wayne and the girls walking around the backyard area. There are lemons and oranges all over and since they are just part of the HOA, we can pick as much as we want and eat them! The kids at fresh fruit/juice everyday. In about a month they will be more ripe, that's when we could be making tons and tons of juice!