Sunday, December 9, 2012

Headed to So Cal!

 I drove down to So Cal with the kids the weekend before Thanksgiving.  We were so anxious to get there!
Sorry for the fuzzy photos...My mom got a quilt from her mom that she made out of jeans pockets.  So each night we were there for Thanksgiving, my mom would put something in the pockets while the kids got ready for bed.  Once they were ready, they would go and stick their hands in all the pockets to find their treasures.  It is a really fun tradition!  (treasures were things we got at the dollar store, like all the pieces to one puzzle, all the lego pieces to a little lego kit, and pictures)
 Something else- I saw an idea on Pinterest to pack the kids clothes, and I love it.  I've done it a few trips now, and it works great!  I use one suitcase for the two kids, and then one for Jared and me.  I pack their clothes so there is one outfit (top, bottom, underwear, socks) in each bag.  Then when it's time for them to get dressed, they go grab a bag and have Grandma help them!  Just kidding, they can do it themselves, but let's face it...mom gets to sleep in a little more when we go to Grandma's, so having outfits ready to go is handy!  I used a pack of Gallon-sized bags and just reuse them when we pack up for the next trip.  

No comments: