We had a great week in So Cal. Disneyland, California Adventure, Disneyland again (mom kept Jared so the 4 of us could go) and lots of Mario for the kids and John and some shopping for mom and me! There is a thrift warehouse and you can fill a huge garbage bag for $15! So fun!
So, Zach is very cautious. Elizabeth loves the roller coaster in Toon Town- Zach has to be forced (doesn't get upset, just doesn't like it). Zach likes the slides on lots of rides, so I have been gearing him up for Splash Mountain. We watched a video of the ride before we went (YouTube has all of the rides if you want to watch them) and we talked about it a lot. We went! He wasn't super excited, but he went...we had a fast pass and got to the front in about 10 minutes...and then he started to cry. Not sobbing, but he was scared. We got on the log- we were the last two people on it (luckily!) He stopped crying the second it started. He thought all of the dips were pretty fun! Then once we were climbing the biiiiig lift, the crying began. 'I don't want to go down!! We can't go down!! Mom- make it stop! I just don't want to go down!!' I don't actually remember going down- I was too preoccupied with him and with the camera, and hoping he was doing ok. The SECOND we got down, he said 'Mom, I don't ever have to do that again in my life, right??' We have since decided that he will probably like it when he is older, and that the scariest part is going up for the big drop- the drop itself wasn't that bad, he's decided.











No comments:
Post a Comment