Monday, February 25, 2008

The Academy Awards

So I watched the Oscars last night from my 'sick bed' and thought they were pretty typical. I loved Jennifer Garner's dress. She is one of my favorites, so of course I looked for what she wore (I'm an Alias lover).
I hadn't seen any of the movies, (I haven't seen a Rated R movie, so that cut out most of them right there) but then again I have hardly ever seen new movies. It has been a new experience for me to look for movies at Blockbuster in the 'New Release' section with John's family since mine always looked in the middle sections. It is fun to have a mix of both now :)
I was only slightly tempted to see 'There Will Be Blood' because it is based on an Upton Sinclair novel (Oil) but then I remembered how awfully depressing Sinclair is, and was no longer tempted :) We are so into TV shows, I don't know that we will ever go back to movies...

1 comment:

murdockspencer said...

Congratulations (belated) on the baby! He is one cute little bugga! The blog looks good, it's good to hear that you and your family are doing well. And I think Daniel Day Lewis was the only headline winner I've heard of! So you're not the only one who doesn't make it to the movies much!