Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary!

A fun event we had last week was on December 20th was my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! The were married in the L.A. LDS Temple, so we left the kids with the other grandkids including my sisters and went to the L.A. Temple that Saturday afternoon. My aunt took some great pictures of them that matched their poses from the day they were married :) It was neat to be there with all of us family exactly 50 years later together.

To celebrate, Monday night we went to a fancy country club in downtown L.A. for dinner! It was wonderful. We had a room to ourselves (the cozy 19 of us) which was perfect. There was a huge long table that seated everyone, and waiters came around beforehand with hors d'ouvres for everyone and drinks.

I tried the caviar for the first time and my verdict is: if you have the choice between caviar and escargo, pick escargo. I thought the caviar was slimy and salty, so I prefer buttery and garlicky myself :) But it was fun to try it so I know what people are talking about! We then had a three course delicious meal (we were wondering if it was going to be gross food since it was such a nice place, but it was amazing!) and the kids were so well-behaved. The four and 2 1/2 year olds fell asleep on the wingback chairs near the fireplace in their fancy dress clothes- it looked like they were right out of a painting :)

After dinner we had a wonderful toast for Grandma and Grandpa given by my aunt Kristin, and then I played the slideshow that my mom and I worked hard on for the last few weeks. It went really well! There were a ton of pictures, and it was fun to see everyone growing up. Some of the pictures it would have been hard to tell if it was Grandma or Kristin if it wasn't for the awesome orange flowered couches in the background!

We enjoyed a huge anniversary cake and Grandma and Grandpa opened their gifts. They got a photobook my mom and I also put together that turned out gorgeous, and also a book for each of them that my mom compiled of everyone's testimony of their beliefs. I think they were the perfect gifts for such an occasion.

We had a great night and thanks to Uncle Matt and Aunt Leslie for providing the location and dinner! Everything was perfect!


December 20th, 1958

(I'll add some more pics when I get them from my mom's camera!)

3 comments:

erin said...

that picture of them in front of the temple is soooo cute! just think, in 50 years we'll look back on our pictures and think the same thing. :)

Carly said...

My grandparents just had their 50th anniversary too!!! Its an amazing experience to celebrate!
And I think escargo is good too

Alisa said...

Such a great idea. I think we need to do that for Lance's parents' 50th in a few years--that would be such a shock to them. I love your blog--I'm going to leave it on all the time just to listen to the music--since I don't have an IPOD I'll just listen to your blog instead!!