Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Stuff

Three weeks from today! I am very excited to meet little Baby Girl Bishop, even if things will be chaotic for the first few weeks of her life!

We have been accumulating more stuff for our new house (which we still don't know when we will move into). When we sold our place in Utah, the couple wanted the majority of our furniture. So we took our bed, my parents' dining set, and John's leather armchair (I gave it to him as a wedding present and he LOVES it. Thanks again for picking it out while we were off on our honeymooon, mom and dad!) So since they bought our furniture, they upped the price on their offer. That left me with a budget to furnish the new house. Keep in mind we are wanting our stuff to be nicer for this one since we are growing up! We actually had some great stuff before, but ya know.

So with a budget large enough to buy a brand new refrigerator, I get to furnish a house- family room, living room, dining room, and 4 bedrooms. Talk about creativity!

I haven't finished yet- I need living room seating, possibly a small dining table- the jury is still out on that one, and some small things. Of course, I don't want to have the whole place just DONE since I like unique things and projects. Not matchy matchy everything, although we scored major when we bought our couch and then the guy called to let us know he was selling the chair too. Which I talked down to 50% of the price he was asking. Ya that's right.

So I am having fun collecting things- be prepared that in the next week or so, when we do the dining room table! And you guessed it- we are painting it black!

With the ups come the downs...me getting all this great stuff for little or NO money as the case may be (thank you Reedys and Daniels!) means that the garage is now STUFFED and the backyard is starting to look like an extension of the house. Just add a bed- it now has a fridge, desk, nightstand, dresser, etc. Maybe that's where my sisters can sleep this weekend...

O ya, my family is coming this weekend! They are probably somewhere exciting in Nevada right this moment- my guess is Battle Mountain. Hopefully they don't hit TOO much traffic in Sacramento after all the cones they have already been by.

Well, probably another month or so until I show you pictures of everything new- I'm not going to compromise the amazing reveal by taking pictures of everything stacked in the garage. But wow, are we excited for it! This week I have been thinking of some nursery art I want to make...or maybe have my sisters work on since that would be fun to have them be a part of it too.

Biggest issue that I could be solving right now: I don't know what colors I want to paint everything. Anyone want to recommend some good colors? We have some that we like, and then some we have seen online that we like...but we need to go walk through it and see what we think. I wouldn't mind at all just having someone come in and make it all work and be gorgeous...usually I would want to do it myself, but I'm kind of tired these days...

2 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Chantalle-
Thanks for adding me in! I love keeping up with your little family! Good luck with the creativity in your hosue I am sure you will do GREAT!

california smiths said...

I love the 'grown up' furniture comment. I felt the same way when we bought our house. That I needed to upgrade away from the 'college feel'. Good luck and have fun shopping!