Wow. What a FUN week!
I forgot to mention, we went and saw The Blind Side on Thanksgiving- thanks to Caitlin who stayed with Zachary (Elizabeth got to come and was asleep/quiet the whole time). It was GREAT! I liked it, and thought Sandra Bullock was great. So if you want a good family movie or just a good movie, go see it.
All the family left yesterday after the blessing. And because PHOTOS DON'T WORK ON THIS COMPUTER :( Until we have a friend look at it, I can't post pictures! And they are ADORABLE just so ya know. John did a wonderful job on the blessing. Thanks to all the family that came, and to Jennie/Ryan, Taylor/Jim and Laura/Mike who came too! I gave my talk (it was supposed to be 16-18 min...no idea how long I was but somewhere right around there).
I have decided everyone can fit into two categories. Those who get stressed by things, and those who don't. Which doesn't mean they NEVER get stressed, it just takes a lot. In just over a week we bought a house, painted like crazy to get it ready, got the carpets stretched and cleaned, paid for all of that, moved in, grocery shopped, saw a movie, had Thanksgiving (at a restaurant), slept 10 people and fed 16 for every meal (and went out for some), prepared a talk, found all the blessing items, took pictures and sent everyone on their way. And I don't think I was ever once stressed...even with boxes everywhere, trying to unpack, and trying to find things (we never did find an iron). I loved it all and thought it was so fun to have a full house. I am glad we have a few weeks to unpack and get ready for when everyone comes back for Jennifer's wedding!
Sorry....hopefully pictures soon. From my new, rockin camera. And some awesome ones of the family and Elizabeth in her dress (which was my dress)
1 comment:
Wow you have been busy! Sometimes the most "stressful" times are the best times. I love your positive attitude. And happy birthday, by the way!
Post a Comment