Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Hutch?


Love this :) Except just plain glass in the doors rather than the panes.
We have the doors leftover from an IKEA mishap (wrong boxes...) so that's a start! John has been wanting to build a hutch for the living room...and we both love this extended idea. Hopefully John and his dad can make this their new project :)

PS- This is from Pottery Barn and costs lots of thousands of dollars.

Thinking about what salad to make for the relief society party tonight. I think maybe 'The John Salad' which consists of: chunks of avacado, chunks of tomato, olives, and sliced string cheese (lay it out and slice it so you get little circles, as thick as you want) with Italian dressing on top. Yup, no lettuce. It is an AWESOME salad and is named the John salad because my family loves it and John only likes the string cheese so he doesn't touch it!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

You should find a hutch on that knock off wood blog...then the men will have a supply list AND instructions! (as if men ever read instructions)

Tara said...

john could build something like that?! dang, you're lucky. tell him to give matt some tips. lol.

in fact, if he succeeds, i will pay him to make me one! haha! :)

Chantalle said...

John has some awesome skills, plus his dad is AMAZING. He has a shop in his garage...Grandpa Bishop owned a cabinet shop in Rigby, Idaho (now run by Wayne's brother) so they even know what they are doing AND have all the tools to do it! I am excited. Wayne built an awesome set of bookshelves last year for a friend and I have been wanting some similar ones ever since! I was excited when I showed both of them the cabinet and they both thought it was definitely do-able. Jennie- Good idea! I went on there and didn't find this piece, but I did see some that you could kind of stick together. Who knows what will happen. I'll take pictures though :)

Cristina said...

oh man that hutch is beautiful!! i want it. haha why does pottery barn have to be so dang expensive? thats amazing that john can build something like it! i cant wait to see!!