Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas

 Merry Christmas!  We had a great Christmas morning!  It started at 7am of course :) That was always the time we had to wait for until we could go downstairs, so we carried that on.  Wayne and Roma came over just before that and then the kids were off!





 The kids had a great time.  They did Santa presents first- Elizabeth got a Disney princess castle (coolest thing ever), Zach got a slot cars track, and Jared got a train toy.  They were SO excited!  They played with those for a while before remembering there was a lot more to open!


 After Santa presents comes stockings.  I love stockings!  They are stuffed and everything in them is wrapped.  We all got some great stuff- bandaids, socks, cars, jewelry, and some Wii dance games.



 I love that they love Magic School Bus!

 The kids had the usual job of the younger ones- retrieving presents for everyone.  It slows them down a little bit to have to add everyone else's presents to their pile :)




 Skype-ing with Caitlin and Mike



The last two are with my new lens!  John surprised me with a new lens for my camera.  My first one! (besides the one it comes with).  I've had fun playing around with it.

John and I took off to go see Les Miserables in the theater, so mom and dad stayed with the crew while they played and unwrapped a million Disney prince dolls and princess outfits.

We loved Les Mis!  It was John's first time seeing it, ever.  He didn't realize how intense it is!  I thought it was great.  I love that a story written long ago is still relevant today.  I love deep stories like that.  It was pointed out in relief society that week that many of the beatitudes and Atonement themes are in the story, and I agree that it is very powerful and shows examples of human nature vs. Godly attributes.  I love listening to the songs that carry that feeling.

We all went to Wayne and Roma's for a wonderful dinner, and had a great evening together.  Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: